Friday, June 1, 2012

1 Month - MBB

Oh little Micah, we are so glad you are here!


Or should I call you big Micah? You came into this world a heavy (for me) 7 pounds 8 ounces and 21.5 inches long.  You are now at a very large 10 pounds 14.5 ounces and 23 inches.  I have been calling you my big boy this entire month, and apparently for good reason!


Micah is/has been that lesson that every child is different.  Asher was gassy, Micah is so uncomfortable that I broke down and gave him gas drops (it helps!).  Asher put himself on a schedule I thought by this time at almost 5 weeks, Micah has no hint of a schedule whatsoever. None.  Asher smiled at 6 weeks, we are already getting purposeful grins out of Micah!


I keep telling myself that Micah will come around to his own schedule ANY DAY now.  I also promised myself that I would write down that he HAS NOT so that if there is another Beer Baby, I will remember this time.  All I wrote in Asher's baby book was a bunch of mushy-we-love-you-and-you-are-awesome stuff that sleep deprived parents like to write. Also, he grunts constantly.  Well, anytime he is awake, or waking up, or falling asleep.  You get the idea.


Micah is a calm baby and by that I mean when you hold him he just has a calming presence.  He does however has a temper.  A bad one.  And he is LOUD, but only when hungry so I'll take it! He is our sweet boy and is seemingly so patient with Asher, and us for that matter.  I love kissing his little (or chunky) cheeks!

I also forgot how intoxicating it is to have a little baby asleep on your chest.  And I will admit that although sometimes when I've been holding him for hours and he won't let me put him down and I need someone to take over for a bit, I do like having a momma's boy again, even though I know it will only last until he realizes how fun daddy is!

No comments:

Post a Comment