Thursday, June 21, 2012

A few Munchkin Meals

So this is the first time I've done a link party but I loved the topic.

What are YOUR Littles eating?

I am excited to link with other moms because really, who couldn't use a little extra inspiration at meal time? It's difficult to stay creative!

These meals are for Asher who is 24 months old.  He was exclusively breastfed for the first 4 months and was breastfed in addition to food until he weaned himself at 14 months (I had become pregnant). I know now I was misreading his signals for hunger at 4 months when he was just trying to up my milk supply.  I made all of his food besides his first cereal and some prunes when he went a while without, well... you know. :)

Micah, now almost 8 weeks is breastfed and will be exclusively (pending unforeseen circumstances) until at least 6 months when I can make his cereal.  I love the book Super Baby Foods for making your own baby cereal and follow her timetable for introducing new foods.

So here's a typical sort of day at our house:

Breakfast : Cinnamon toast on homemade bread

Lunch: Natural peanut butter and honey rolled into a tortilla, organic banana slices, and some leftover peas.

Dinner: Barilla's PLUS spaghetti with Parmesan cheese (This was leftover from the previous nights pasta with homemade pesto but once this child spots pasta in the fridge - that's it! Plus we were having venison and he's not big on meat...), 1/4 baked potato, organic roasted beets, organic steamed carrots.


We stick with water and organic whole milk for beverages unless we are having what Asher calls "juice", a smoothie I can sneak spinach and avacados into, which we have as an after nap snack 2 or 3 days a week.


2 comments:

  1. We don't do juice either, just organic milk and water. And I never thought of adding avocado into my little ones smoothies. We do spinach and kale mostly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried the kale, I was afraid it would be too tough. The avocado blends in perfectly though, can't even taste it!

      Delete