Friday, April 13, 2012

Dear New Baby

Dear New Baby,

I can't believe we have made it a full 38 weeks.  You will be here (hopefully) rather soon.  This whole pregnancy we have joked that you seem to know what your doing.  I don't know if you've ever NOT been head down and you have felt lower than your brother did. 

We are so excited to meet you! We haven't had a really strong feeling if you are a boy or a girl but at this point we are leaning boy.  Yet, that is all we know! I have pulled out all your newborn clothes and left the boy clothes in the boxes.  Your room is the same that your big brother had except I made you both new curtains. 

I hope that you feel welcomed and loved because you are! I am nervous that I won't have the time to give you as you have with a first born, but I need to leave that up to God.  I am also a bit nervous to help you through life with myself being a first born.  I hope that when the time comes I will realize that you are being born into a different birth order, I hope it won't even make a difference!

Your daddy has claimed today, Friday the 13th as your birthday.  I think that is what kept me up tossing and turning all night last night!

We have settled on names-sort of.  Micah for a boy, Naomi for a girl.  However, Abraham has re-entered my mind in the last week and I can't seem to shake it.  We also don't exactly have middle names set in stone.  I want Amy-Lynn for a girl, but am not sure how to spell it, I don't want to give you too many names.  We are between Bradley and Eugene for a boy.  I haven't told your daddy, but I think I'm more partial to Bradley.

You are being born in the middle of a giant baby boom at church, just like your brother was.  Funny how things work that way.

A gallon of milk has gone up over $2 since your brother was born.  I am embarrassed to say that we pay about $7 for a gallon of organic milk.  Gas is up to $3.75 depending on the day.  It is a difficult time for folks in the money department.  We have had to make some sacrifices but God has been so good to give me the opportunity to stay home with you.  The sacrifices are nothing in the scheme of things! What an awesome job to be a stay-at-home mom!

We plan on having you at home, but just want you to be healthy.  I am almost afraid of having a quicker labor with you than your brother.  If your daddy is at work we need to give him time to get here!

I am most excited to see if your look like your brother and if one of our kids will have daddy's curly hair.  I am also so excited to learn your personality.  All I know is that you will have a completely different one than your brother!  He doesn't have many extremes, so it's hard for me to imagine an opposite of him.  All I know now is that you are very active and daddy claims that you push him back when he pushes on you through my stomach.

I had a lot more things to tell you last night as I was tossing and turning, but this is all I can put together in the daylight.  We are excited for you to arrive and are so blessed to have you as an addition to our family.

I love you!

1 comment:

  1. Awww... I can't wait to meet this beautiful one! I am filled with excitement and anticipation for those first "real" contractions for you... I'm constantly checking my phone for a text or call. :) Beautiful, beautiful letter!

    ReplyDelete