Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The Woman I Want to Be in 2012

I can't believe the New Year is here.  I am thankful that we made it through the busy holiday season.  It was our busiest yet even though I made an effort to keep it simple.  I always love New Year's because I get excited thinking of all the possiblities that could appear.

This year so far is shaping up to be a big one and we have a lot to be thankful for:

The Hubs starts his new job today (praying!)
A new baby will be arriving (I keep going back and forth on the gender, it's so fun to be surprised!)
Our Little Man will turn 2
I will be turning 30! (For the record I still feel like I'm 23)
I will be returning to a career at home, which I am starting to get super excited about!

I have finally found a routine that works well for me, and although I know it will all change again in a matter of months the most importnat thing is that I've gotten in the habit of daily time in the Word.  The past three months have really built me up spiritually and after daily reading of random chapters and verses I am ready for a study.  I am thinking of one pertaining to being a wife and mother. 

I have never liked making resolutions.  I think it's a lot of pressure and a set-up for failure.  Maybe I'm just not commited enough, but I do have ideas on how I want to continue to grow as a woman this year and what direction I want to help steer my family.  There are so many Bible verses applicable here and so much to say that is relevant to our lives, but a few have been speaking to me lately.  Here they are for your reading pleasure:

   An excellent wife who can find?
  She is far more precious than jewels.
 The heart of her husband trusts in her,
  and he will have no lack of gain.
 She does him good, and not harm,
  all the days of her life.
 She seeks wool and flax,
  and works with willing hands.
 She is like the ships of the merchant;
  she brings her food from afar.
 She rises while it is yet night
  and provides food for her household
  and portions for her maidens.
 She considers a field and buys it;
  with the fruit of her hands she plants a vineyard.
 She dresses herself with strength
  and makes her arms strong.
 She perceives that her merchandise is profitable.
  Her lamp does not go out at night.
 She puts her hands to the distaff,
  and her hands hold the spindle.
 She opens her hand to the poor
  and reaches out her hands to the needy.
 She is not afraid of snow for her household,
  for all her household are clothed in scarlet.
 She makes bed coverings for herself;
  her clothing is fine linen and purple.
 Her husband is known in the gates
  when he sits among the elders of the land.
 She makes linen garments and sells them;
  she delivers sashes to the merchant.
 Strength and dignity are her clothing,
  and she laughs at the time to come.
 She opens her mouth with wisdom,
  and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue.

She looks well to the ways of her household
  and does not eat the bread of idleness.
 Her children rise up and call her blessed;
  her husband also, and he praises her:
 “Many women have done excellently,
  but you surpass them all.”
 Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain,
  but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.
 Give her of the fruit of her hands,
  and let her works praise her in the gates.

(Proverbs 31:10-31 ESV)

 So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.
(1 Corinthians 10:31 ESV)

  Older women likewise are to be reverent in behavior, not slanderers or slaves to much wine. They are to teach what is good, and so train the young women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled. 
(Titus 2:3-5 ESV)

Happy New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment