Sunday, December 18, 2011

A December Whirlwind

I'm not normally a crazy Christmas Season person.  I like to order 99% of my gifts online, and normally all the weekend of Thanksgiving.  I like to wrap them throughout the month and have my Christmas cards out the 1st week of December. 

Not this year.

Even with the cancellation of two Christmas parties this weekend due to a child with a cold (who is doing quite well actually and sleeping pretty well considering) I feel like I've been hit by a truck.  This weird pregnancy is not helping.  I think this is God's way of giving me empathy towards other pregnant moms.  I now understnad headaches, nasuea, and exhaustion.  I can't seem to drink enough water, get to the gym, or stop eating candy.  Sigh. It could always be worse, right? Yes, yes it most definitely could be worse!

What has drained all three of us this week has been such a BLESSING from God!! Brad, who has been diligently searching, applying, and interviewing received and accepted an amazing job offer this week! We got word on Monday that they would be offering him the job, but paperwork needed "approved".  I was dubious. Was this like the interview to Boston needed "approved"? Because as we all know that didn't work out too well.  So after no word Tuesday, then Wednesday I felt that little stab of disspointment creep in. 

However, God is good and not only did he recieve that wonderful offer on Thursday, they offered more than he asked for and already has over 3 weeks of vacation next year! As Brad would say: "What the what??".  Ready for more awesome news? He already had a week of vacation approved for Christmas, and he starts the new job on the 3rd, so you can do the math.

We are oh so thankful and we know who orchestrated all of this.  We also made the decision that starting in April, I will return to be a stay-at-home mom (even though I am nervous) and Brad will continue to commute for now.  The job is still in Columbus but father north than his old job so we will see how that effects the drive.

We continue to go back and forth on moving back to Columbus.  The pros and cons list seem to be 50/50.  The biggest thing we would miss would be the sense of community here in Mansfield.  We will continue to pray and see where God takes us.  If someone shows up on our doorstop and offers twice what we paid for the house, that might be a good indication.  That could happen, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment